- Role Consultation: Podia’s role consultation offers the chief executive and senior executives an opportunity for professional development that is appropriate to their level of responsibility and professional aspiration. The executive benefits from a confidential consultative relationship with a consultant who can provide insight into critical skills such as implementing strategy, exerting influence through organizational systems, leading teams, and aligning organizational structures with strategic goals.
- Leadership Development: Effective leadership calls for individuals to demonstrate deeper personal insight and to develop skills that allow them to guide changing and complex organizations. Leadership in contemporary organizations requires those taking these roles to understand how to manage uncertainty, how guide and oversee interdependent organizational systems and how to distribute information and authority to maintain an adaptive enterprise. These are competencies that defy conventional training formats. Leadership development requires providing individuals with the opportunity to take on higher levels of responsibility while working with a trusted adviser who can help the new leader to coordinate the individual’s personal talents with new insights about working from the leadership role.
- Team Development: Podia’s team development begins with an assessment of the unique composition, business objectives and leadership challenges of the team. We then offer strategies to promote clarity of member roles and responsibilities, group problem- solving, creative collaboration and decision-making, enhanced creativity and full accountability.
- Senior Teams: Senior teams must assimilate and manage enormous amounts of information to make the appropriate business decisions for the enterprise. Leading and collaborating in such an environment is challenged by inadequately defined structures (e.g., role expectations, agendas, meeting schedule) and unproductive group dynamics that detract from the teams goals. In such cases, the team is not able to support the CEO or effectively lead the organization. Podia’s team consultation provides a means for team’s to refine the structures and processes that allow optimal collaboration and innovation that is focused on work.
- Vertical Work Groups: Leading functional divisions involves coordinating employees at different levels across a hierarchy. In order for vertical teams to work effectively, the differences of authority and responsibility among team members must be recognized and organized appropriately for all employees to be able to contribute. To prevent bureaucracies from forming, vertical work groups must be able to collaborate without confusing or corrupting one another’s role in the larger organization. Podia’s consultation to the leaders of these vertical work groups allows them to better understand the complicated interactions amongst the different roles within such groups. Bureaucracy and siloing are avoided by helping the leader develop the capacity to manage more fluid interactions between his operation and the rest of the organization.
- Organizational Diagnostic: An organizational diagnostic offers insight into the psychological and organizational factors that make it difficult for people to do their best and not be unduly compromised by unproductive conflict, diminished morale, the stress of managing and inadequate communication. In addition, it assesses an organization’s readiness to change, identifies unrecognized opportunities, illuminates factors that are inhibiting the achievement of goals, and establishes a baseline so as to measure the success of initiatives. The Diagnostic creates a coherent picture that helps leadership manage change, drive strategy and respond to unproductive conflict within the organization.
- Change Management: The pace of change is one of the most challenging variables in contemporary business. The most successful enterprises are those that accept change management as a constant process that requires sophisticated leadership and organizations that are designed for quick response. Whether change is driven by mergers, a change in strategy or turns in the market, Podia offers consultation to help guide leadership through turbulent times.
- Performance Management: Podia designs and helps implement objective and reliable measures to evaluate performance. These systems serve to align individual goals with their business goals, boost compliance with performance management processes by helping companies produce systems that are immediately relevant to the business goals, coordinate legal and HR needs with business and developmental imperatives, and guide review procedures, hiring protocols and development programs. Effective performance management systems also establish and reinforce the core competencies essential to the company and promote a unified culture.